There has been a considerable surge in the cases of patients requiring dialysis worldwide and its numbers seem to keep rising. It is therefore of great importance to go on dialysis until it is possible to go in for a kidney transplant. Having said that, there is a huge requirement for dialysis technicians. A Diploma in dialysis technology is a comprehensive course that will equip you with the right set of skills and knowledge for the job.
But, before the job you need to appear for the examination. Just like every examination you need to have a proper plan and organise yourself in order to perform at your best. Here are some examination preparation tips to help you:
1. Create a time table for efficient time management-It’s always wise to create a timetable to manage your time efficiently. Make a note of how many examinations you have and on which days you have them. Then, set up your time table accordingly. In case you want to devote more time to certain topics you can schedule your study plan accordingly to suit your convenience.
2. Go through the complete official syllabus-You should first check the syllabus thoroughly. Then, make a note of all the topics and plan your course of study accordingly. You can then try understanding the exam pattern which can be done by going through the previous year’s question papers. This will give you a good idea about the type of questions and marking scheme that is followed in the exam.
3. Create a study plan making sure to focus on all topics equally– Before you start studying, create a study plan. This will not just help with maintaining a proper study routine but also help you to ascertain what needs to be done and when. Make a list of the topics and sort them out according to importance and difficulty. Plan out the number of days you wish to allot to each topic strategically along with how many hours you wish to devote per day and the number of breaks, etc. This will save you a lot of time.
4. Make special note of all important topics to be studied-It is important that you take down notes that would help you to remember what you study rather than just reading the topic like a storybook. Mark all the points that you feel are relevant and important while you read. This will save time during last minute revision as you can study directly from your notes instead of going through the entire lesson.
5. Keep track of the syllabus you have covered and how much is left to study– Set a goal for yourself each time you study. You can set goals as you begin studying or set them at the end of a topic for the next topic. This is a very efficient way to manage your time and plan out your studies.
6. Stay fit and healthy-Drink a lot of water as it helps to make your brain work optimally. Never eat junk food while studying or before an exam as it impacts your energy levels. Eat a well-balanced meal to boost your memory and concentration. Make sure you get at least seven hours of sleep each day so that your brain stays fresh and can help you think better.
7. Keep revising the topics you have covered frequently – It is important to revise what you have studied every once in a while rather than risk forgetting them altogether. Frequent revision help in better retention.
8. Manage your time as it is the most important- Studying for more hours may not always result in more productivity. On the contrary, it may drain you out. Therefore it is wise to take breaks in between help in retention and refreshing your mind.
9. Practice your final preparation on test papers and sample papers– One of the most effective ways to prepare for exams is by reviewing and practicing from old exam question papers. It helps you time yourself and also get familiarized with the format of the question paper. Diploma in dialysis technology question papers are available online, or you can take help from your teachers too in getting hold of them.
10. Take ample mock tests – Before an exam, it is always advisable to take as many mock tests as possible. Besides preparing you for the actual exam they give you an idea of how the actual exam is going to be like. Mock tests are a great way to assess yourself and boost your confidence. There are many diploma in dialysis technology question papers available online which you can use for mock exams.
11. Get your doubts clearedby teachers or mentors-Your teacher will be able to give you tips and guide you on how to study and mark out the important parts of the topics. Additionally, your teacher or mentor can help you to understand certain concepts better.
12. Create a group study with friends and ask each otherquestions – Study sessions with friends are a great way to prepare for your exams. You can discuss doubts, share tips, quiz each other, and help each other prepare for the exam. It is also a great way to challenge yourself and strive towards your goal.
All it takes is a little bit of organisation and planning to prepare for your big exam. A systematic routine and study plan will help you to manage your time well and help you to excel in your exams with greater ease.