Each day, frontline nurses have shared alarming stories filled with astounding sadness and heartbreaking loss. Caring for gravely ill patients admitted alone to hospitals, fearful and suffering, nurses have stepped up to help them. At times even they became the witness to patients to communicate with their loved ones, largely through a computer screen and often in their final moments alive.
At the same time, the world has also been witness the unabashed joy of nurses and others on healthcare teams have experienced when able to escort patients who have recovered to hospital exits and watch tearful reunions with relieved, grateful relatives.
To be precise each day of pandemic, brings a new tale of heroism in nursing. Forever craved in our memories, these caring professionals paint a picture of assortment, integrity, caring, and eminence.
Career in the service to humanity: Nursing
The contrasting realities of loss and recovery spotlight how during these long months, COVID-19 has put nurses at all levels of experience to the challenges. The demands of the pandemic aggravated a shortage of nurses, irony which was there, Everyone, from novices to veterans, continue, even now, to seek new and better strategies and resources to handle unanticipated, devastating health crises, and for that we need an army of dedicated Nurses.
Nursing as education — responsible for preparing the frontline nursing workforce — must take full advantage of this pandemic-triggered disruption to business-as-usual in academic institutions and healthcare systems. Amid the shifting landscape, the pandemic has highlighted the abundant career opportunities in nursing, including those in nursing education.
- Its is time to open up the admissions pipeline for qualified applicants to nursing programs, in wider spectrum of higher education. At Medstudies Possibilities for 4 years Bachelor Degree Programs (B.Sc Nursing) to 6 months Diploma Course (General Duty Assistance- Nursing Course)
- Opportunities to be created for aspirants from all sections of the society. Making courses affordable to all. Medstudies offering 6 months General Duty Assistance Course (GDA) Nursing for mere 32,000 INR with internship.
- At the same requirements for specialized Nurses and Training is very significant. So is the need for Masters Programs. Acknowledging that, Medstudies is catering 2 years Masters Degree Program (M.Sc Nursing) with and affordable cost of 3,70,000 INR for entire course with food and accommodation.
- Nursing Education should be encouraged to students from every stream. Like wise Higher Secondary Students whether with science, commerce or arts should be given the opportunities to take Nursing as Undergraduate Career. Medstudies provide 3 years Degree Courses “General Nursing & Midwifery” (GNM- Nursing) at an affordable fees of 3,40,000 INR for entire course with food and accommodation.
- Attention should be given to the weaker sections of the society who are equally talented and dedicated to participate in the movement towards the reformation of Health Care System. Medstudies have taken the benevolent initiative to provide scholarship to those in need. 100% Scholarships offered to merit students, which might encourage them.
It will take the collective creativity, vision, experience, and imagination of leaders in nursing education to achieve sustainable educational excellence, embodied in evidence-based best practices in classroom and clinical instruction.
Furthermore, nurse educators must help establish pathways for nurses to expand outreach to underserved communities that have long lacked access to quality health care, along with safe, affordable housing, educational opportunities, and plentiful fresh food and water. Such communities have disproportionately borne the greatest burden of COVID-19 infections and death. Research to develop novel curricular and instructional protocols to correct these inequities will have tangible, concrete positive effects on the health of individuals, families, and entire neighborhoods. 3